U.O.Note.No.20332/M2/2013 Dated:0l-01-2014.Medical Reimbursement Facility continue up to March 2014 for Employees and Pensioners for those who have not been issued Health Cards. Those who have been issued Health Cards can avail treatment under Employee Health Scheme
Subject: Health, Medical & Family Welfare- Employees Health Scheme-Effecting deductions from the salaries/ pensions of Employees/ Pensions-Issue of revised Instructions-Regarding.
- 1. G.O.Ms.No.174 HM&FW (M2) Dept dated 01-11-2013.
- 2. This Dept's U.O.Note No.20332/M2113 dt 02-12-2013.
UO Note 20332 Medical Reimbursement Facility continue up to March 2014
- In the G.O. first cited orders were issued notifying the Employees Health Scheme (EHS) and its implementation. In the reference 2nd cited, the General Administration (Ser&HMR) Dept., and Finance Dept., were requested to issue instructions to all Heads of Departments and Drawing & Disbursing Officers to effect deduction of monthly contribution from the January salary payable on 01-02-2014. It was also requested issue suitable instructions to the effect that claims for reimbursement would not be entertained under APIMA Rules, 1972 from 01-01-2014 in respect of ailments / procedures covered under the Employees Health Scheme. It was further informed that reimbursement claims in respect of emergencies; if any, outside the State, will be processed as per the existing APIMA Rules, 1972.
- The Chief Secretary to Government held a meeting with the representatives of Employees I Pensioners Associations on 29-12-2013 at 3.00 pm. In the meeting, it was represented to the Chief Secretary to Govt., that a majority of the employees have not yet enrolled under the Employees Health Scheme due to various reasons and that it may take some more time for all the employees to enroll. The representatives of Employees Associations have therefore requested that the time for effecting salary deductions may be extended They have also represented that the time limit stipulated for acceptance of medical reimbursement claims under APIMA Rules, 1972 may also be extended correspondingly.
- (i) Deductions may be effected from the March salary / pension payable on 01-04-2014 instead of from January salary/ pension to enable health cards to be issued to the employees / pensioners; and
- (ii) Reimbursement of medical expenses under APIMA Rules, 1972 shall continue till March, 2014 for those who have not been issued health cards. Those who have been issued health cards will, however, avail treatment under the Employees Health Scheme.